Wednesday, February 1, 2017

What is home?

Now this was a sewing challenge! I'm part of a travelling quilt group where we all make a starter block and then send it along to the next person in the group for them to add to it, and so on around the circle until it comes back to the start.

For this one, we were asked to create a block that represents home to us. Hmm. That's a tough one! I got to thinking about what home means to me. I've felt at home in many places other than my literal home. At my friend's apartment, at my parents' home, which was my first home, and at places all over the world. So instead of depicting a place, I stitched together a say: Home is not a place, it's a feeling.


Here's my block with the other two made so far. The starter block is that awesome home Katy made that looks just like her house. Then Darci designed her own paper piecing pattern of the CN Tower. Two talented ladies!! I can't wait to see what gets added as it travels around the circle!





No comments:

Post a Comment