Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Sending cheer

Recently a person I kinda know on Instagram put out a call for help. Her mother's long-time friend was facing very serious health issues and she was hoping people in the crafting community could send something to brighten her day. So what to I do when I don't know what to do to help? Make a pillow!

I started with my favourite Anna Maria floral print and then grabbed a few other bright fabrics that went nicely and started sewing. I've made this particular block before for a pillow, and it comes together pretty quickly. This purple Aurifil thread a friend sent me was the perfect colour for the quilting.


Isn't it bright and cheery?


I used two fabrics for the envelope back. I often buy sale yardage for pillow backs, yet I never seem to have the right fabric so I turn to my FQs. Looks nice though, I think.


The pillow even got a nod from Aurifil on their Facebook page.


I didn't hear back if the recipient liked it. I hope she did. It's a challenge to make something for someone you don't know, but I think I picked fabrics that most people would like.

No comments:

Post a Comment