Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Pillow twins

My sewing room has been a pillow workshop of late. First I finished these two pillows using a neat free block pattern for a friend at work. She has two young daughters, so I figured it was best to make two to avoid any fighting. I love this colour combo, especially with that chartreuse in there.


Here's a close-up of the quilting with a light grey Aurifil.


And this fun Cotton + Steel print went on the back.


Then I made a matching set for an Instagram friend, who bought one of two Tula pillows I donated for an auction. She wanted both for her twin girls, but couldn't swing it during the spendy Christmas season. So I offered to make her two, which technically I already had a start on because I made a mistake and cut out extra HST fabric. One girl likes purple and the other pink, so that's what I used for the borders.


Then some matching Tula for the back. I love both these prints.


One set I'll deliver in person this week, and the other I'll pop in the mail.




No comments:

Post a Comment