Friday, October 7, 2016

Stitching on the go

The night before my month-long adventure to Australia and New Zealand this spring, I was in my sewing room frantically cutting out fabric for another project to take with me. I wanted to make a hexie mini out of all Anna Maria Horner fabric for my Instagram friend Amy to send her a little cheer.

I made good progress on my travels, but back home I just don't seem to find the time for hand sewing. But finally I got this done and sent to its new home!


It goes with my "more is more" approach - a riot of colour and prints. But I think it all comes together nicely with the purple for the "A" and the binding. Generally I tried to keep it to fabric that was primarily purple, blue or pink. One hexie was just a bit too much bright blue, so I put a cut out flower over it. I think it's a fun little detail. I quilted it with King Tut thread in a variegated blue. It's a bit thicker and shows up nicely.


This quilt is well travelled! It came with me across Australia and New Zealand, then a few spots closer to home. I picked up the purple fabric in L.A., and now it's living in Montana.


No comments:

Post a Comment