Monday, October 31, 2016

Bee busy

Somehow I got four blocks behind on the Modern HST Sampler hosted by Blossom Heart Quilts. Not sure how that happened. But since the third-quarter link-up was fast approaching, I figured it was a good time to get caught up.

I rolled up my sleeves this weekend and on Saturday got the fabric for all four blocks cut out, and the HST made and trimmed. Oh boy was that a lot of trimming. But then on Sunday I could just sit down and sew.

First up was this finicky one with all its wee HST and points - Block #17 called Cross Angle.


Block #18 is quite cool - Ribbon. I really like the effect of the stripes from the fabric.


Block #19 - Perspective. This is quite similar to a block from the Bee Hive Quilts, also hosted by Blossom Heart Quilts.


And finally Block #20 - Confetti. This was a bit of a challenge with my limited colour palette, but I really like how it turned out.


Here's my group shot for the third quarter with Blocks 13 to 18.


I really love how this is turning out. The bold blues on the light grey background are so crisp and fresh. Only four more blocks to go and this sew-along will be done, so I better keep up from now on!



No comments:

Post a Comment