Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Long weekend sewing

Luckily the March queen bee is super organized and already picked out her block and colours, which gave me the chance to make her blocks before I go away for all of March. I didn't like the idea of sending them late, even a few days, so now I could cross this off my list early.

She picked the Houndstooth block, which is fast and easy to put together. First a practice block for me.


Then two for her in blue and green. I've actually put this block on my short list for my month. I definitely want to pick an easy to make one this time around.


This weekend I also finished quilting the second panel for a pouch. It is so much fun quilting these dense wavy lines. Here's a nice daylight photo of the first one I made.


And here are both finished in slightly less ideal light.


Now to turn them into a zippered pouch! This weekend I also got the binding stitched down on my rainbow swap mini. I've never been done a swap mini weeks early. It feels good!

No comments:

Post a Comment