Thursday, February 11, 2016

Busy nights

Oh, how I love the third block in the Modern HST Sampler QAL. This one is called Lantern and it comes together really quickly using a method that mades 8 HST in one go. I really love this print in the indigo Handcrafted line by Alison Glass, and the sprinkling of shapes. I made sure to place each HST according to the amount of pattern. Too OCD?


I got two bee blocks finished way early. Yay me! The February queen bee gave two options for her colour scheme, so I made one of each. I really like the Alpine block. A lot of cutting, but it comes together quickly with chain piecing.


Then last night I whipped up two Tula pillowcases. It's been a long time since I made these, so I felt a bit rusty. But it came back to me quickly and I always get a kick out of the pillow burrito. I have material cut for two more matching, but opposite pillowcases.


Boy, am I looking forward to longer days returning. I do so much of my sewing on weeknights and it sure is tough to get a photo in good daylight.



No comments:

Post a Comment