Monday, March 23, 2015

A few extras

Deadlines for two swaps are coming up fast and I have been busy trying to finish the minis and a few fun extras. This weekend I got the binding half on both minis, so soon I will need to sit down with a needle and thread and get stitching.

For my rainbow mini swap I made this cute zippered pouch. My partner really likes Heather Ross fabric, so I fussy cut this busy little bee lady for the focus. I put the same churn dash block with the bee in the middle on the back of her mini. I tried a new way of finishing the bottom and really like how it turned out. Although I should have planned better and not had all those bulky seams come together. Two sewing needles were snapped in the process. I finished it will a metal zipper pull stamped handmade that I recently found on Etsy. I love all the details on this pouch and kinda wish I could keep it!


For my cat-themed swap, I whipped up this tea towel with my favourite Cotton + Steel tiger kitties. I mitered the corners and added a twill tape loop in one corner to hang it, if she likes. Again, this will be tough to let go. I love those odd little creatures.


Both my swap partners have the sweetest little daughters, and I wanted to make something sweet just for them to include in the package. What could be better than two drawstring pouches? I figured I couldn't go wrong with anything Frozen themed, and the animal parade fabric I picked up last fall in Spain. I bought a few fun little things to tuck inside for the girls.


And I'm still busy sewing for the quilting bee and looking after my group. I made these two extra Tic Tac Toe Blocks. Love this colour scheme and the low-volume background.


This month's queen bee chose a paper pieced pattern, so I made a practice block. Definitely a must this time since I've never done paper piecing before! But it went OK, thanks to much cheerleading from IG friends. I'll post my first ever paper-pieced block later, along with the one I'm making for the queen bee. I already have the fabric picked out and cut, I just need the time. I feel like that's my constant refrain!


No comments:

Post a Comment