Saturday, April 12, 2014

Rectangle roundup

Here are all the blocks from the rectangle chapter of Tula Pink's City Sampler book. Just about every time I make a block I think it's my new favourite. Only one so far did I think was a flop (#60). But I decided not to remake it because I'd be left with one sad little orphan block.

I'm really happy with how they're turning out. Although, I must admit that when I saw this quilter's blocks made with Tula's fabric, I wanted to start all over. They're so lovely, too!



For some reason I keep pairing the crazy pink with the birds.



Huh, subconsciously I almost made the same coloured block as in the book.


I'm not a huge fan of the herringbone, but as you can see I'm really making an effort to use it. Especially since I have it in three colours. Now that I'm half done the 100 block challenge, I'm pretty confident I won't run out of the prints. So maybe I can lay off the herringbone a bit.


This one earns a 'meh.'







After getting through some pretty complicated blocks, it's almost a disappointment to turn the page to one like this with only seven pieces.


I love this orange flower bud peeking out.


Warning: get out your sunglasses for this one.


Sometimes I use a print where Tula has a solid, but I think the effect here is quite nice.


The bird fabric is perfect for fussy cuts.



I really like this one:



Next up are the stripes.

No comments:

Post a Comment