Sunday, April 13, 2014

Full disclosure

I hesitate to even share this, but it was such a sight I had to stop and get a photo of the insanity. Normally when I'm sewing I'm not neurotic with the pinning. Just a few to keep everything in place. But sewing together the blocks from my retreat project is a bit of a nightmare. Lots of diagonal seams to match, sewing on the bias, white fabric butting up with points. And boy would a wonky seam pop out from the white. Argh. So, yes, I got a little crazy with the pinning as my perfectionism took over. I think I was a little shy of using the whole box of pins to get these sets of three blocks together.


But, in the end, all the points are nearly perfect. I would have taken a photo of that, but before I could press the seam my iron decided to spit out a bunch of gross gunk. Thankfully not on my fabric. So now it's in a time-out. I think I need a time-out too from my OCD pinning.

No comments:

Post a Comment