Friday, February 14, 2014

Tardy crafter

Another friend's birthday is almost here, and another present is not yet done. Bad crafty friend. I really need to learn to scale down my plan to suit the time I have or start earlier, which really goes against all my reporter instincts. I need the adrenalin of a tight deadline.

I do have all the piecing done and it's all bundled up and ready to go off to the quilter. Here's a little peek:


I used Laurie Wisbrun's Tufted Tweets - a fun collection featuring chairs and birds in bold colours that I know the birthday recipient likes - along with hand-dyed fabric I picked up years ago when I first started sewing that went perfectly with the red and purple of the Tufted Tweets. Together they went into a star block.

1 comment:

  1. The other night when it was really cold I imagined myself wrapped up in this quilt.

    ReplyDelete