Sunday, December 22, 2013

Grinch adjacent

Saying I'm a Grinch probably goes too far, but I'll be the first to admit I'm pretty low on holiday cheer. About the only Christmas tradition I wholly embrace - beyond the crazy good food that seems to be everywhere you turn - is mailing cards. Now that I can get behind because I'm always looking for a reason to dip into my card stash.

But when I saw this tutorial for tiny trees bunting, my heart grew three sizes that day. Rummaging through my scraps for something suitable, I found a bit of leftover red floral Hawaiian fabric - perfect!


Despite my Grinchy tendencies, I love my tiny trees bunting. And I think they'll stay up longer than the season. Now that the cold and snow and ice is here to stay for quite a long while, the fabric will remind me of my glorious Hawaiian escape last winter every time I'm bracing myself to head outdoors.


What you can't see in the photos are the kitty paw prints on the mirror from the cats checking out the bunting. I hope the twine doesn't prove too irresistible for them.


No comments:

Post a Comment