Saturday, October 12, 2013

Winter is coming

Summer is over and that means it's time for the fall ritual of taking down the bunting from the front porch. I'm fascinated by the sun's effect on the fabric. Every year it loses more colour, depending on the fabric and where it hangs.


But I think there's something lovely about the sun-bleached fabric. It reminds me of autumn leaves fading on the sidewalk, leaving an imprint of colour. The change is quite dramatic in some of the triangles.



I'm not really worried about the winter coming yet, but the changing season made me think of the often used line in Game of Thrones - winter is coming. Which now made me think of the awesome blog that does a mash-up of Game of Thrones and Arrested Development. It's crazy how these two very different shows match up. Kinda a niche audience, though, for Arrested Westeros.

No comments:

Post a Comment