Sunday, May 26, 2013

Grizelda's kitchen

Since I love both crafting and eating, I figured why not add my kitchen adventures to my blog. I try new recipes pretty regularly and already pass along the keepers to friends and family, so why not put it here? A lot of recipes I find online, making them easy to share.

Yesterday for lunch I made this spicy Indian vegetable soup I found on Meet Me At Mikes, which is a great crafty/cuisine combo blog. The soup's super easy, tasty and satisfying. Plus you probably have all the ingredients in your cupboard already. I used a cup less of broth and an extra carrot, so mine bordered on being more of a stew. Oh, and spicy paprika because that's what I have.


I served it with heated naan and a dollop of Greek yogurt on top. I had to stop myself from going back for a third scoop. (I may have sampled some cold soup while setting up this picture and it's just as good!)

I spotted this recipe during my blog surfing last night for hot and cheesy caramelized corn dip that I'm going to have to try soon.

Looking for a tasty new breakfast? I've been obsessed with Smitten Kitchen's spinach and smashed egg toast since she posted the recipe. It's my new favourite way to make eggs for just about every breakfast dish.

(For those wondering who is Grizelda, check out the brilliance of Hilarious House of Frightenstein and Grizelda the Ghastly Gourmet.)

1 comment:

  1. How did I miss this one? I didn't need to look up Grizelda. You are much prettier then her.

    ReplyDelete