Saturday, June 26, 2010

Time for an intervention?

I've only been sewing for a few months and already I've developed a bit of a fabric storage problem. Is that a good or bad sign? I'm sure fellow crafters would agree that an ample stash is the sign of a productive and creative mind. Right? RIGHT?!

As you can see, I've gathered quite a collection of lovely fat quarters. To be fair, I didn't buy all of them. See those few bright fabrics on the right? Those were gifts.


I've managed to settle on a loose organizational system - fabrics for specific projects on the top drawer, fabric to ogle with no specific purpose in mind in the bottom drawer. Problem is, I could use a few more drawers. I knew I should have gone for the full-sized dresser rather than the two-drawer night stand! I guess I just didn't imagine how quickly the obsession with fabric would grow.

Now that I have some order, I should get to sewing. I'm working on a project of my own design at the moment. Once I'm finally happy with it, I'll post some photos. Oh, and I need to finish my quilt now that I have all the necessary fabric.

1 comment:

  1. i like the way you think -- organization systems should always consider the ogling factor...

    ReplyDelete