Sunday, June 6, 2010

Pat on the back

I finished my first quilt top! I bought a cute charm pack with cherries and very summery prints and colours at the recent SewFest in Kitchener, so I decided to try my hand at quilting. I found online how to make pinwheels and started sewing. I only had enough fabric for eight squares, so I found a few complementary scraps in my stash and made another block for a 3 x 3 quilt. Then I added borders and voila! A quilt top! The best part is that I did it all by myself. It's far from perfect, but I'm pretty proud of the accomplishment. I plan on adding a border and backing and using it as a table cloth on my French bistro set in my back yard.

3 comments:

  1. oh my -- that is so beautiful! WOWOWOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colours are amazing! I think you've found your new calling!

    ReplyDelete