Sunday, May 9, 2010

Woohoo!

I've never encountered anyone as eager, or rather crazed, as a crafter. I really got a taste of this while trying to register for SOAR - Spin-Off Autumn Retreat. The website said registration started exactly at 1 p.m. on a recent Thursday. I figured I would register myself and my mom when it opened to play it safe. Good thing I did! Within minutes classes were full. I imagined spinners across Canada and the U.S. sitting at their computers, fingers twitching on the mouse waiting for the clock to finally reach the appointed time. It was a bit of an adrenalin rush, typing as fast as possible and picking classes to beat all the other eager crafters. But that's what happens when the stars of the spinning world all converge on one spot! I got in classes with two amazing young spinners - one who wrote a book I have and another who made a video I'm waiting impatiently to find in my mailbox. Oh, and did I mention there will be lots of fibre shopping? It's gonna be great fun. Wisconsin, here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment