Friday, January 22, 2010

What would newbie crafters do without scarves?

This scarf was made during a weaving workshop I took with my mom. We learned the whole process from the beginning of picking the pattern and making the warp right to the end of twisting the tassels. I'm not so fond of the scarf and have never actually worn it because we didn't use very nice yarn, but it was a good learning experience. I think it's always good to try a craft because then you can really appreciate the work that goes into it.


My mom is totally into weaving now and bought her own floor loom. I'm not so much a fan I think because there's a lot of math involved. It's ridiculous the amount of calculations you need to do even for a simple scarf. Half our class time was spent doing practice calculations. I'm more of a dive in and figure it out along the way sort of person.

No comments:

Post a Comment