Wednesday, January 27, 2010

About time

I posted earlier yarn I spun from a crazy batt. Well, I used that yarn to weave a scarf - with much help from my mother, who owns and actually knows how to set up a loom. We both made a scarf using a pattern from a recent Spin-Off magazine for a felted woven scarf. I found a complementary yarn to use for the warp, then started weaving with my handspun. The pattern calls for a few inches of weaving, then a space, then weaving, etc . . . When it's done, you toss it into the washing machine to felt.


You can see the bits of different fibres and angelina in the handspun. (The photo makes the scarf look much lighter than it really is.)


The scarf looks quite solid because of the felting. But if you hold it up to the light, you can see the lacy spaces where there was no weft.


This was the first project I made using my handspun, and I'm pretty happy with the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment