Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Ooh!

After a delay caused first by a dead camera battery, and then what seemed like a deadly stomach flu, I snapped some photos of my novelty yarn.

Here is my first attempt at thick and thin yarn plied with a thread core during class:


This is what I tried at home with a different fibre. It was much fluffier than what I used in class, so it because a much more delicate yarn. Those fluffy swirls wouldn't stand up to much, certainly not a curious cat who decided to do a little chewing. I won't name names.


Next I tried a firmer fibre and it worked out well. The thick and thin yarn was nice and solid.


Then I tried to get things under control a bit and make slightly less chunky thick and thin. I really like this one I named Carnival:

No comments:

Post a Comment